The application period for 2020.
The Batavia Music Buffs offers a scholarship program to promote continuing music education to students and to recognize individual student achievement in the field of music.
Scholarships are awarded based on the scholarship policies and eligibility requirements set forth by the Batavia Music Buffs Executive Board and the District Music Directors.
Batavia Music Buffs proudly offers the following annual scholarships:
GERTRUDE PETIT MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
Batavia High School Seniors
An annual gift given in loving memory of Mrs. Petit. She was the mother to several children who were active and enthusiastic members of the Batavia Music Program. This $1000.00 scholarship has been designed in her honor to help a worthy graduating senior in the pursuit of higher education in the area of Music Education or Music Performance at any accredited college or university of his or her choice. The scholarship is strictly limited to those students who have been accepted as full-time music majors.
Apply now – application is open until April 17th, 2020.
RESIDENTIAL SUMMER CAMP SCHOLARSHIPS
Batavia High School AND Rotolo Middle School
Scholarships for $100.00 each will be awarded to BHS music students (Fr., Soph., Jr.) AND RMS music students (6th, 7th, & 8th) planning to attend a residential (sleep away) summer music camp.
Eligibility requirements for summer camp scholarship
- Must be a BPS101 6th, 7th or 8th grade music student attending a residential summer music camp (commuter camps not eligible) OR
- Must be a BPS101 student (Fr., Soph., or Jr.) attending a residential summer music camp (commuter camps not eligible) and
- Must have at least average academics and
- NOT based on financial need and
- Must show capability for improvement and
- Must be an enthusiastic music participant.
- **Due to the numerous cancellations, proof that the camp was help is required to receive the scholarship.
Apply now – application is open until May 15, 2020.